Re: [NTLK] Avoid Niel Blackwell

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 00:37:59 EDT

An alternative is to reject the credit card payment.
Send a registered letter to the credit card company
(or did you use your bank account? uh-oh if you did)
and tell them the story and they should return the
payment.
If you used your bank account...well...uh, hmmm, I
would get as much information about this guy and file
a claims in your locak small claims court. Since the
device was delivered to your state, it is his
responsibility to appear in a court that is convenient
to you. If he doesn't show, then he defaults and is
guilty. When the judgement is rendered, issue an
arrest warrent in his town through either a magistrate
or local police and when they haul him in...well, see
what you can get then...
I don't know the details, but I've done this before,
but against a company...
good luck..
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- gopi_at_sin.sloth.org wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Tom Wilkinson wrote:
> > Hi, your friend should go to ebay customer
> service. I think there is some
> > kind of protection insurance or something like
> that. She should be able to
> > recover her money or at least a portion of it.
> Never tried it myself.
>
> Time limits. Based on how long it took for him to
> send the Newton, how
> long it took to get a response from him about the
> problem, and the extra
> two weeks or so when he was out of town after the
> Newton arrived at his
> place (we tracked the shipment) it's too late. We're
> trying to see if
> PayPal will do anything; they might still...
>
> Thanks for the suggestions though.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...