Re: [NTLK] Old software found?

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 19:38:19 EDT

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 14:52:07 +0000, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Hello folks,
> I found this link and it's website that apparently is not
> on the Newton Webring:
>
> http://www.cvisual.com/newton/
>
> Seems like old software for OS 1.x.
> One of them is similar to PocketQuicken and one stuff it archive has
extra
> shareware from StandAlone that I don't know if still available.
>
> Check it out!

I just did: the place is absolutely amazing!
Just picked up the .sea.bin file of the spanish flashcard tutor which
looks friendly enough and as soon as I figure how newtdevenv works
especially in the string handling department I may see what I can do about
interactive tutors in a couple of languages.. I'm thinking of Welsh,
Maltese, French (probably well done already!), &c.
Haven't looked for StandAlone yet but I'll bear that in mind.
John J. <|:-}