[NTLK] What is a fair price for the following package?

From: Brian Hendrix (bhendrix_at_mcmaster.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:45:49 EDT

Greetings!

While I am but a lurker on this list, I could use some help in determining
what listmembers would consider a fair price for the following package of
Newton stuff.

Upgraded Newton 2000
   - The screen has scratches. I still find the device very usable as they
don't interfere with my ability to read the screen, but in the right light
one will definitely notice the scratches. (This is what makes it especially
difficult for me to determine a fair price!)
  - There is some cosmetic damage. The top left corner of the protective
flap that covers the screen has a small chip in it and the cap on the end of
the rechargable battery has detached itself. The battery still works fine,
and I believe that I still have the cap, which could probably just be glued
back on -- in fact, it looks kind of cool, but some might consider it a
serious cosmetic defect. One of the clips that holds the flap to the back of
the Newt is also missing.
  - Motorola Montana 33.6 data / 14.4 fax PCMCIA modem with dongle. The
modem works fine in both fax and data modes, but I've never tried it with a
cellphone (which it supposedly supports).
  - Linksys PCMCIA ethernet card with dongle. This works just fine. I've had
the Newt running as a web server through my cable modem. (This is what makes
me especially sad about parting with the Newton!)
  - all the original CDs and disks, including the upgrade CD.
  - all original manuals.
  - the original dongles and cables

Can anyone suggest a fair price? It is important to me that the Newt goes to
a good home, so there's definitely a sentimental factor at work here.

Regards,
   Brian Burge-Hendrix

--
Brian Burge-Hendrix ::  Course Director for Philosophy of Law 2050.6
Philosophy Department, York University, 416.736.2100 ext. 77585