Re: [NTLK] Another MP120 Question

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_xpress.net.nz)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 17:20:08 EDT

I _think_ Nick's Softcharge (Battery Modifier) works on a 120-2.0
If so, it allows you to change the way the Newt sees the battery - NiCads/
NiMH batts have a lower output voltage than Alkalines - 1.2 vs 1.5 volts, so
the 120 won't think they're 'full' unless told they're something different.

In any case, 80%-odd _is_ 'full' for a NiCd pack: push down the little
switch under the batteries in the batt compartment (use a piece of card or
tape under the batts), and you'll probably find it rises to 100%.

Re yr other question - the backup battery is absolutely standard: just pull
out the old one and get the same number replacement (CR2032? - something
like that) from yr local electronics/camera/etc shop. Make sure yr main
batts stay in place at this time, tho - or you may lose or corrupt your
data.

HTH
-Darl