Re: [NTLK] Berlitz and languages

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 00:25:02 EDT

Dear Karen,

  Thank you for the links! I downloaded Mr. Gerstein's very large NewtJDict
and it is most impressive (although I did not think I would ever download a
~5 MB newton package)!

  However I am just beginning my studies of Japanese and, while this
dictionary will translate E->J and J->E it does not seem to give any
pronunciations of the Japanese words. Do you know if it is possible to get
the dictionary to do this? Yet as my knowledge of the characters/words grow
this will, of course, become less and less a problem.

  Also, do you know why there is a Computer dictionary listed with the
NewtJDict packages as the Computer dictionary does not seem to have
anything to do with the Japanese/English dictionary?

  I also like the Business Japanese file found on UNNA as it functions as a
nice review/quiz program for one that is learning the language!

  Thanks again! I really appreciate all of your time and help!

Always,

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110