Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 + IrDA internet

From: rsa_at_rsc.co.uk
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 11:58:15 EDT

see the post from Johannes Wolf <jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl>
(excerpt below)

"I succeeded connecting my Nokia 6210 to my Newt.
What you need is a DLR-3P cable,
(I searched a long time before I could get one for a reasonable price -
the original part from Nokia is far beyond every price limit)
and an adapter DB9 to Mini-DIN, like the one offered from
http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/produkte/kabel/adapter_seriell.htm
they also offer the pinout of the adapter at
http://newton.pbk-solutions.de/produkte/kabel/internal_connections.htm
On the Newt I recommend to use modem modifier to set the right options.
Of course you need NIE to access the internet.
You can already communicate (send AT commands) with your modem using a
simple terminal program, like EZConnect.

Johannes"

Kerwin Robertson

Ron Shanks Associates
14 Carden Place
ABERDEEN AB10 1UR
Tel: 01224 644441 Fax: 01224 644448
Email: rsa_at_rsc.co.uk

IMPORTANT - This email is intended for the above-named only. It may contain
privileged and / or confidential information. If it has come to you in
error, please notify the sender immediately You should not copy this email,
disclose it's contents to anyone else or take any action based on it.