[NTLK] Need Help with Motorola Marco

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 00:41:09 EDT

Here's a question that is not answered in the FAQs:

Does anyone on the list know where I can find a manual for the Motorola Marco?

Motorola seems to have deleted all info on its website that mentions this
device. Also a search on Google hasn't turned up anything usable.

I recently acquired a Marco but it came neither with a manual nor with an
adapter. I'd like to know what the adapter output is/must be for that
machine. Is it the same as with the rest of the Newtons?

The Apple adapter doesn't fit. The Apple plug is too big. Does anybody have
any reliable lead on that?

And since the Marco has no AA batteries, but a built in NiCad cell (6 V),
any possibility of replacing that with new cells?

And: can anybody supply a manual for the Marco, either in electronic (HTML,
PDF, ...) or printed form (photocopy will do)?

TIA

Otto