Re: [NTLK] Another MP120 Question

From: James Elliott (rootbeeraddict_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 21:24:16 EDT

> > By the way, everyone, I noticed on the back of the unit that there is a
> > small "Eagle" picture in the unit's power description from Apple. It looks
> > very much like the German Eagle symbol and, thus, I thought this might be
> > one of their German models. Yet the unit seems to have no
> > "language/cultural" difference than my uMP2000 which does not have this
> > emblem. Were there any differences between the German and American models?
>
>I just checked mine, and lo and behold! I have it too! I never noticed
>before. Mine is as US as they come. BTW, the only German MP I've ever seen
>was a 100 that came attached to the Siemens phone, and its whole OS was in
>German. You could tell that it was the German OS. :-) As someone else
>opined, I think it's a certification for some country. I also noticed the CE
>cert, to I would guess that that is what it is, although, what country??
>--
>-Jon Glass
>Krakow, Poland
><jonglass_at_usa.net>
><glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
>
>"Our Constitution was made
>only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the
>government of any other." --John Adams

I have the Eagle on my 120 as well. I thought that might be the mark
of a German Newt, but the OS is in English and so are the instruction
on the inside of the cover. I hadn't given it another thought until
now.

-James

The James Elliott Newton Site:
http://www.geocities.com/rootbeeraddict/newton.html
No update yet due to technical difficulties.