Re: [NTLK] Sream'in modem

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 17:19:50 EDT

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:17:57 -0400, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> I've experienced this also, Greg. I solved it by downloading and using a
> different modem script. The one I use now is actually called "Montana
> Landline" (it says this in the modem prefs on the setup picker. The
loudness
> problem was with using the GSM-Ericsson script. Now I have to remember
where
> to get this....checking unna...there it is! Right here:
> http://www.unna.org/unna/drivers/modem/ Get the montanalandline.pkg file
and
> use that one.
>
> - Dave

I've just been there when I kept finding that Eudora had been always
returning this error message whether cabled or not, the system message put
it down to an error on Eudora:Qualcomm but I suspected it had something to
do with an inappropriate driver for my Megahertz MoDem and it was great to
find the right driver right away though there are *loads* of Montana ones
there too! <|:-) John J.