Re: [NTLK] AW: sorry about this but... if I got a palm, are there ANY decent HWRapps for it

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 00:41:40 EDT

Make sure that when you make a line through the word,
you are either above or below the word.
Highlight the word, then place your pen on the line
above the word and quickly strike the pen down through
the highlighted word. It should lower-case the entire
word. Do not start the strike from the word it's self,
you gotta strike -through- the word completly
(perpendicularly as well)
This works every time.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- John Johnson <kamikazebear_at_excite.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:01:06 -0700 (PDT),
> newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>
> > =20
> > I remember on my original Newt120 OS1.3, the
> inside of
> > the lid had these archaic "gesture" editing
> features.
> > My Newton 120 OS2.0 doesn't have these
> hints...I'll
> > have to take a look at that Newt again and see
> what
> > they are...
> > Ed
> > web/gadget guru
> > =20
> > --- "Michael J. Hu=DFmann"
> <michael_at_michael-hussmann.de>
> > wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com) wrote:
> > >=20
> that
> > > there was a little edit=3D
> > > ors
> -
> > > akin to the ^ to inser=3D
> > > t a
> > >=20
> > > It's a "v" shaped gesture slightly below the
> line.
> > >=20
> of a
> > > letter straight up th=3D
> > > rough
> > >=20
> > > First select the word, then strike through the
> first
> > > letter from bottom
> > > to top to capitalize it, or somewhere in the
> middle
> > > of the word to
> > > capitalize all its letters. The same gestures,
> only
> > > downwards, will get
> > > you lowercase again.
>
> That's what I thought, judging by the manual, but
> there again when I
> selected a word and tried it the software seemed to
> assume I wanted to move
> that word somewhere else as indicaterd by the ghost
> lines that formed in th=
> direction I was dragging unless I was between
> letters in which case I was,
> so far as the machine was concerned, dropping the
> editing prompt mid word.
> At least that's what happens in Works but I've just
> been in Notes and I
> didn't fare any better.
> Hope to hear it works with someone else! <|8~)
> John J
> > >=20
> > > Four strokes through a letter (either upwards,
> > > downwards, upwards,
> > > downwards or downwards, upwards, downwards,
> upwards)
> > > will delete it.
> > >=20
> > > All of this still works under NOS 2.1.

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...