Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100: Internet over localtalk to mac?

From: Raj Patel (rpatel_at_accelrys.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 04:39:55 EDT

Hi,

There are two ways to do this (I think)...

1. If you have an old mac with a ethernet card & localtalk port
you can run a utility called ethernet/localtalk bridge (free from
Apple last time I checked) so your Mac (an old LC with a
PDS slot ethernet card is good for this) bridges IP between the two
types of network. I think its actually called
AppletalkIP because its encapsulated. I guess if you have a localtalk
capable Newt this should work.

2. What I've just done is get a Cobalt Qube2 (only 200ukp!), a modem
and hub and setup NAT so I can now surf the internet using my 3com
card with the Qube doing all the work.

Hope this helps,

Raj.