Re: [NTLK] Wireless Internet should work! =) Thanks!

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 10:54:13 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 9/24/01 10:43 AM, the entity known as
john_fraser_at_mac.com at john_fraser_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> According to the Newton FAQ:
>
> "IPNetRouter (shareware, $90) will share an internet connection to a MacIP
> connection...."
>
> Sounds like the newton can handel Mac IP.
>
> Also from information on NIE 2
>
> "Support for DHCP and MacIP servers"
>
> Interface supported:
>
> "LocalTalk - NIE works with a LocalTalk network provided there is a MacIP
> server on the network."
>

> Thank you soo much for the help. Later this week at
> http://www.2khappyware.com I will provide information on the hack in=
> progress and in the future offer prebuilt systems and instructions on how to
> do it yourself.
>

> Thank you for all the great help and I'll update the list when I get the first
> transmitter in.
>
> John Fraser
> 2khappyware

NIE 2 ??? RATS!!! That means that this won't be available for use by my
MP130...

However, you might find folks on the Duo/2400 list to be interested in
perhaps doing wireless internet in this manner.

- Eric.