Re: [NTLK] $50.00 wireless Internet for Newton.

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 13:19:18 EDT

on 9/24/01 12:11 PM, firstvln_at_earthlink.net at firstvln_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>> Or you can wait for my WaveLan driver. I should have something working in
>> less than 1.5 months, barring any unforeseen problem, and still assuming
>> Paul's help, which has been outstanding so far...
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> What Wavelan cards will it work with? I have a Farallon Skyline card that I
> use with my PB2400 and PB 1400 to connect to an Airport Base Station.
> Any ideas on power consumption? Great job, Laurent!

Initially, I don't think it will work for Skyline cards, unfortunately. Only
the Lucent ORiNOCO/Wavelan ones, sorry. Maybe later, once I have a perfectly
working Wavelan driver, and gained experience, I might be able to adapt the
Wavelan driver to work with the Skyline...

-Laurent.

Suzie COBOL /soo'zee koh'bol/: 1. [IBM: prob. from Frank Zappa's `Suzy
Creamcheese'] n. A coder straight out of training school who knows
everything except the value of comments in plain English. Also (fashionable
among personkind wishing to avoid accusations of sexism) `Sammy Cobol' or
(in some non-IBM circles) `Cobol Charlie'. 2. [proposed] Meta-name for any
code grinder, analogous to J. Random Hacker.