Re: [NTLK] Power Adapters for MP2x00

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 23:04:54 EDT

I'm just making up this number, but I believe that I
have seen Newton power adaptors selling for as much
$30 on ebay! I've seen simple adapter plugs selling
for as low as 30 cents in quantity (10 or more)
For the cost of just a regular AC adapter, you could
buy almost 100 simple adapters. In 2 years, you could
loose 1 a week and still come out ahead! (because, I'm
sure that a french specific adapter will sell for more
than $30!)
So, you see fiscally, it's is cheaper to just use the
plug you got and just buy a ton of adapters!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Andre Baron <abaron_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Ahh yes... but seeing as I'm going to be living
> there for at least 2 years,
> I don't want to be bothered with the plug adapters
> from somewhere like radio
> shack that's got a good chance of me loosing it.
> Now the actually Newton
> plug adapter is a different story. Plus I know I
> will be moving around a lot
> in France so loosing it for me is a big chance. But
> thanks for the idea,
> definitively if I was only going a short time I
> wouldn't worry about it.
>
> Andre

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...