Re: [NTLK] $50.00 wireless Internet for Newton.

From: gopi_at_sin.sloth.org
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 23:35:22 EDT

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Dale Steele wrote:
> Here's another Skyline/powerbook user who is hoping that you will
> modify that driver so that I can plug my newton into my IPNetRouther
> airport setup!

I spoke with Farallon a few months ago, and they were unprepared to
release any of the information required to write a driver. That doesn't
mean it isn't possible, but their card is based on a chipset that they
bought from somebody else and customized. They also made undocumented
modifications. So it'll be a headache. You'd be better off buying a Lucent
card for <$100 :/

gopi.