Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100: Internet over localtalk to mac?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 09:27:59 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 9/24/01 11:05 PM, the entity known as Dale
Steele at dtsteele_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

> I have been
> using IPNetRouter for a couple of years to support a home mac (and
> occasional pc) lan including an airport base station. My newtons
> connect just fine this way using a network card ...

Ah, but this is the rub. Now, I may have misunderstood some things, but I
thought that there were two important features of this poor-man's airport.
First, obviously, is the cost. But the second was that (my understanding
here) perhaps 130's (and NOS 2.0 120's) could be made to work in this
fashion (although obviously only at LocalTalk speeds).

- Eric.