[NTLK] Wavelan [Was: Re: $50.00 wireless Internet for Newton.]

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 10:15:38 EDT

on 9/25/01 2:20 AM, Hubertus at hubertus_at_mac.com wrote:

> That is the greates news I have heard for long. Will there be any
> possibility to support PPPoE with the WaveLan Card? Many University
> Networks use this. I think a VPN Client will never make its way to
> the newton?

The ability to use PPPoE is provided by the core Ethernet system, not the
transport. In the case of the Newton, PPPoE is not supported by its Ethernet
system, the "Newton Internet Enabler", unfortunately.

-Laurent.

tape monkey n.: A junior system administrator, one who might plausibly be
assigned to do physical swapping of tapes and subsequent storage. When a
backup needs to be restored, one might holler "Tape monkey!" (Compare
one-banana problem) Also used to dismiss jobs not worthy of a highly trained
sysadmin's ineffable talents: "Cable up her PC? You must be joking - I'm no
tape monkey."