Re: [NTLK] MacIP on OS9.1

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 10:31:30 EDT

>MacIP? So I tried what you forwarded but using MacOS9.1. Every step
>still had an OS9.1 equivalent. There's a few things I don't understand in
>this how-to and I'd like to know what I'm doing instead of following
>instructions.

Yah, I'm not sure to what the Apple tech note refers, now. Esp. since John
had success with VSR and MacIP using OS9 (and a 2x00).

But the tech note says MacIP is not supported thru LOCALTALK in OS9,
although you can still use it thru ETHERNET, which is likely why there are
still menu options in places for it.

I took this to mean that you couldn't even route it using localtalk under
OS9 but perhaps VSR rolls its own implementation and doesn't use the MacOS
based (Apple- or local- talk) version (complete guess of course) since
people report success with VSR.

The Knowledgebase Article ID is 31211.

But we're out of luck for MP130's anyway (per Marco's shared "Real World,
Very Much Appreciated") experiences. That post saved me moving my router
out of my LAN, calling the cable company and activating another NIC for my
connection (long story here, but necessary), and other fiddlings like OS
installs.