Re: [NTLK] Visor Expansion (not really off topic)

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 15:32:22 EDT

at the temporal coordinates: 9/26/01 11:32 AM, the entity known as Stephanie
Maks at steph_at_maksystems.com conveyed the following:

> The Visor springboard slot is based on PCMCIA design, though it has a few
> different pin assignments. Handspring does not charge any royalty for
> designing hardware (or software), indeed all the development documents and
> tools are freely available through their website. (No, I don't work for
> Handspring, but I have designed springboard hardware for other clients.)
>
> Normal PCMCIA cards will not work because the connectors are not pin-for-pin
> compatible.
>
> -Stephanie

So, what's your opinion? Can it go the other way? (which, I think, is the
point of this discussion) Can a Springboard device be mated, via some
simple adapter to swap the pin assignments or something, to a PCMCIA slot?

- Eric.