Re: [NTLK] Newbie Question (now Palm/Newt comparison)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:24:26 EDT

Well..."Apple", as in the huge megapolis corporation
of "APPLE", wasn't ahead of the game...quite the
opposite at the time!

Who WERE ahead of the game was a very very small band
of forward thinkers who had an uncanny ability to not
only think "outside the box" but to think as if there
were no "box" at all!

These people suffered for their craft as as a reward
were rediculed by the Apple bosses and "stuff shirts"
from corporate, and with little fanfare, booted out of
Apple for being "thinkers".

Now workers at Apple aren't allowed to think unless
the thought process was initialized by Steve
Jobs...only his ideas are brought to light!
The question is still, is this a good thing, or a bad
thing...?
Ed
web/gadget guru