Re: [NTLK] diconix model 150 portable printer (or other modelrecommend

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 10:36:37 EDT

>Or just get any PostScript laser printer, period. I got sick of inkjets
>and got given an Apple Personal LaserWriter NTR by a friend a while ago.
>A bit of money at my local Apple repair shop for some new rollers from an
>HP LJ IIp and I'm off to the races. Has parallel (for the PC) and
>LocalTalk (for the Newton) interfaces. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

I got one of those just a couple weeks ago and it is great!

BTW for older laser printers there are a lot of $30 repair kits (for the
fuser lamp, rollers, motors, etc) at www.laser-service.com. They even send
a VHS tape for some of the more involved kits.

Now, for a portable laser (for $15 or less).... ;)

Brian