Re: [NTLK] newton switch on by itself

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 12:32:50 EDT

on 9/27/01 12:28 PM, Edward Cheung at edwardcheung_at_mac.com wrote:

> I notices my Newton will switch itself on by itself. Is this happening
> to all the Newton or just mine....
> and is there a way shut it off because it is draining the batteries.

Usually, all Newton will wake up at 3am to perform some cleaning tasks, like
forwarding any To-dos to the next day. After the delay set in the
preferences, the Newton should go back to sleep after that time. If yours is
staying on, then there must be some background process running that prevents
it from sleeping, or the system soup entries where the sleep delay is stored
is corrupted.

-Laurent.

Internet Exploiter n.: Another common name-of-insult for Internet Explorer,
Microsoft's overweight Web Browser; more hostile than Internet Exploder.
Reflects widespread hostility to Microsoft and a sense that it is seeking to
hijack, monopolize, and corrupt the Internet. Compare Exploder and the less
pejorative Netscrape.