Re: [NTLK] Pocket Office (Was AW: sorr.

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 17:45:26 EDT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:57 -0700 (PDT), newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Wow, thanks Sushi, that was a great review. Just like David McNeill's
> review at www.pencomputing.com.
>
> Yup, the OS and screen real estate are the strong points of the Newts.
> Also the users of Newts. are a special breed. :-)
> ------------------
> >Of course, at least from what I've seen, is that MSFT touts that there
is
> >total integration. IMHO, if you want total integration, get a Windows
> >laptop. The palm sized Pocket PC's aren't there yet.
> >
> >For now, I will stick with my Newt... Lot's of screen real estate.
> >Fairly fast. Good apps. Easy to use. :-)
> >
> >Sushi
Too right! By the way, I've just been there (don't you just love
those in-message links!) and haven't seen much of "Pocket Office",
just this "Tough Pad" or whatever: vestigial keypad (rubberised keys)
and I don't know how it's ported but it looks disgusting and
possibly will not connect with a base-machine without USB or whatever!
As for "integration", all I need is RTF uploads from the Newt (Works)
and ClarisWorks on the mac to read it but there again there's
always "notepad" for sourcecode though it would be really cool to know
enough about the file composition of the various utilities so I can share
data around *irrespective* of what system the other person is using? Now
trhat would be really cool! <|:-)
John J.