[NTLK] Bare minimum of memory needed?

From: Ermin Mistica (angel316_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 03:15:35 EDT

Dear Newtonians,

Okay here's my question. I have an MP2000 with the memory upgrade,
wonderfully onstalled by Dr. Newton's capable hands. I then have 4MB of
RAM? I have a 4 MB Card onto which I have saved ALL 1000+ addresses
(businesses, restaurants, friends and family so I can transfer it back
and forth between my MP2100 and eMate. I also have a 32MB card almost
full of packages. The heap reads as 175468 on Avi's Backdrop. What is
the safest...least amount of memory I should allow before Mr. MP 2100
starts freezing up on me or restarting on me? I have the bare minimu, of
extensions on Internal memory. Whatever doesn't need to be on Internal
is on the 32MB card. I notice that when I eject the card there is
something like a 43**** reading of free memory on Avi's Backdr. Where
did all that memory go?

Thanks for humoring me. For as long as I've had this Newton some things
still elude me.

Ermin