Re: [NTLK] Newbie Question (now Palm/Newt comparison)

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 04:53:29 EDT

> From: bpearce_at_cloud9.net
> I'm going to throw this idea out, as I know I'll never get around to it
I'll probably start this up on my Web page sometime, at least we've got
some good
info/comments from the last few digests!
alm/Newt comparison)

> > From: "john_fraser_at_mac.com" <john_fraser_at_mac.com>
> Let me guess - you're suffering from "horror of digital-devicelessliness"
Of course, I'd hate to try a new beer and not have my beer ratings
database with me.

> > mHz), altho I've overclocked it to 47 mHz.
> Does that matter? Is it a slow device?
Actually now running some apps at 50 mHz. There's an unique app called
Afterburner
that can set the clock speed for individual apps; things like the Web
browser and other
apps (plus the GameBoy emulator) do run much much better when
accelerated. Plus the
animation in PortaPam (Pamela Anderson in the palm of your hand!) is
much more fluid!
Actually there's something vaguely unsettling about that last sentence.

> > MP2000/2100 was the size of it's screen only, say with 2 stacked PC card
> Heck, can't one do that? Can't one design such a case, and just transplant
It could be done; cutting and folding the circuit board, flat LiIon
pack; if I ever
got an MP2100 used cheap, I might try it, it'd be thicker but smaller.

--
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com