Re: [NTLK] Newton scanners?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 07:05:28 EDT

> 48V?
That's what I measured on our Swiss landline analog wall outlet. ISDN uses
100V (which I haven't measured yet :-).

> That was 7.2V, and there were lines of over 200ft.
> No problem. You don't need routing if it's only your modem and your fax
> machine on the line... you just need to insert some power.
However, the batteries would be able to deliver some Amperes, at least about
1...2A which should be current limited, I think, because some of the
equipement is using current loops to perform dialing and the like. At least
the elder pulse phones in EU did, new have probably much less power
consumption and have their own internal series resistance.

I'll try that idea but with a current limited power source. Thanks!

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing