Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V1 #228

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 13:29:03 EDT

From: "Marco Mailand" <Newton2k1_at_mac.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] horror of digital-devicelessliness (was Newbie Question...)

>But I'm curious about this beer ratings database. I don't have such a beast
It's a custom database in Notion 2, inclludes comments on name, country,
aroma, color, flavor, mouthfeel, brewer, beer type, and what it came out
of (bottle, Pub can, tap). Includes personal ratings for (so far) 197
entries, ranging from:
(alphabetical by beer)
Abita Amber Ale; (Ale, Brown, American) - to - Zywiec Porter (Ale,
Porter, Robust)

(types)
Ale, Barleywine - to - Wassail

(country)
America to Trinidad

(Ranking)
10 (tie)
Fraoch Heather Ale (Ale, Pale, Classic)
Pislner Urquelle (Lager, Pilsner, Bohemian)
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout (Ale, Stout, Russian Imperial)
Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter (Ale, Porter, Robust)
Young's Double Chocolate Stout (Ale, Stout, Sweet) [in self-carbonating
"pub can"; only a 9.5 in a bottle]
- to -
0.5 Rockbottom Stout (it was an off-brew)
1.0 Mamba (Cream Ale) [note that "Cream Ale" does not fit into the
traditional "Ale" category]

Note that this does not include beers like "Miller" or "Bud"; I couldn't
as the numerical rankings stop at unity.

--
Mark Rollins, CIH, CSP
mark_at_mrollins.com