Re: [NTLK] airports and Newts [Tangent:  Amtrak]

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 16:36:27 EDT

Thanks for the Amtrak feedback. Unfortunately, the trip from Iowa to
Californa on the California Zephyr (love that name!) is spread across 3
days - for me it'd have been from about 8pm on Friday 11/16 to about 4
or 5pm on Sunday 11/18. The fare itself is not bad, about $250-
$350....but you get to sleep in your chair for TWO nights for that.
Not for me. If you want a sleeping compartment it's at least $1000 or
so more (to be fair, it sleeps two.) According to their internet
reservation system, anyway. Ouch. Yet another reason Amtrak is
cratering, I guess. Amtrak lost, the airlines win.

 - Bill