Re: [NTLK] Airplanes and carry-ons

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 09:20:51 EDT

on 9/30/01 9:50 AM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

>> I assume that their security is the same for domestic flights
>
> Might be so now, but certainly wasn't before the 11th.

Having flown both domestic and international before the 11th, I can say that
the only difference between domestic and int'l before that day was that we
had to show our passports. In fact, It's almost scary now, but I remember
saying to my wife that the process wasn't exactly what I would call secure,
both in the States and in Gatwick in London, both domestic US and int'l. I'm
sure this has all changed since. In fact, when we flew over here in July,
both my son and I had knives, and I had a Leatherman that had a good 3 inch
blade on it, and they didn't even ask me to open my carry-on with it in it,
and I know they saw it at least once, as I also saw it. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland