Re: [NTLK] [OT] Pagan Holidays...

From: Brad Tober (newtontalk_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 19:27:21 EST

Actually, even though the exact date of Christ's birth is unknown,=20
December 25 was chosen for the specific purpose of pre-empting a pagan=20=

holiday that occurred on the same date. Be reminded that this was the=20
work of the Catholic church, and was an example of its great power=20
before the Orthodox split and Protestant Reformation.

btbtbtbtbtbbtbtbtbt