[NTLK] Battery query

From: Dar, S.- Shabaz - (S.Dar_at_Canon-Europa.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 15:35:43 EST

Hi all,

Am I screwing up the batteries/my MP2100 by using the AC adaptor from an
MP120?

At the moment, my MP2100 is plugged in and the batt status shows 18% (or
whatever) and a status of 'Charging'. When I *unplug* it, it shoots up to
100% charged with a status of 'Disharging'.

Even though the FAQ states "Any Newton adapter will work with any Newton"
and "Both work in every Newton but the 9W adapter charges batteries faster
than the original adapter (except in the MP100).", can anybody explain the
weirdness with the charging statements?

Also, in the FAQ it states:

"Helmut Fischer reported: On my original 9W power adapter (MP2100) it says
7.5V 1.2A. It also works with the MP130."

I guess I want to know if the reverse is true, ie, if the H2200 adaptor
works with an MP2100?

Sorry for the ramble, but I don't want to fry my new 2100 and the power
ratings make little sense to me (I did arts ;) but the charging statements
above make absolutely no sense to me.

(I checked out www.thiel.com/damien/newton_battery_FAQ.html as well, which
is more orientated towards batteries. )

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Shabaz Dar