Re: [NTLK] alternative keyboards?

From: Bryce Lynch (bryce_at_telerama.lm.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:14:07 EST

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Robert Benschop wrote:

> > So! is there any chance of using some other keyboards with my newton?
> Probably not what you're looking for, but you could hook up your Newt to a
> desktop and use that keyboard...

This reminds me... I've been meaning to post about this.

A few days ago, I was using my Newton (with keyboard) at work to work on
one of our Cisco routers, and I noticed that the plug on the Newton
keyboard appears to be the same one on a Sun Microsystems keyboard. Might
it be possible that they're compatible?

I'm just curious... one of the Happy Hacker keyboards with a Sun adaptor
might be a viable alternative to hunting down a Newton keyboard some day.
But I havn't tried to use it yet.

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.
PGP and GnuPG keys: http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/[pgp,gpg].key