Re: [NTLK] alignment frustration

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:53:11 EST

I don't know if this will help in your situation, or if anyone else has
tried this. My MP2100 went all jaggie on me at one point, and I tried using
the 'Align Pen' routine. But even that was failing to, well, align the pen.
After several attempts, I got very frustrated and decided that if tapping in
the X's was failing, then I'd tap outside the X. Way outside.

If you miss the last X by a long way, the Newton realizes that the alignment
has failed and starts over. After doing this a few times, I finaly tapped
inside the X's again, and after that, the pen alignment was correct again.

Now, whenever the alignment goes jaggie, I do the Align Pen routine, and for
the first two attempts, I purposely miss the Xs by at least 1 inch, tending
to tap towards the centre of the screen, forcing the Newton to start the
Align Pen program over again. The third try, I tap where it's supposed to
go, and everything comes up fine.

The alignment goes wonky on me about once a week, and this has been going on
for about 3 or 4 months now. I've also tried the
under-the-screen-card-cleaning but that seems to have no bearing on when it
chooses to go wonky again.

Good Luck!

-Stephanie
http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/