Re: [NTLK] Error -48418.

From: Bryce Lynch (bryce_at_telerama.lm.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 23:13:31 EST

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:

<lots snipped for brevity...>

> Entering break loop: level 1
> Frame 2: soundDataDef:functions.BreakLoop -1

soundDataDef??? That sounds like an audio recording to me. The value of
-1 doesn't look promising, looking back on it.

I think I saw something similiar while I was poking around in there, but
having never done so before I thought it might be the proper value for
such a note. Shows what I know.

> Frame 3: soundDataDef:StringExtract 0

<debugging data snipped>

> It seemed to be something to do with sound - which made no sense at all.

Agreed.

<snip snip snip.. hit the archives for the good stuff>

> viewStationery: paperroll, height: 70, title: "What Tune?", _version: 2,
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is that what you had titled the note/recording in question?

> It clearly indicated a sound note with the title 'What Tune?' was implicated
> in the problem somehow so I deleted it from the internal store using SBM
> Utilities and the next time I tapped Notepad it came up normally - problem
> solved!

Ack! I had a few audio notes in there as well... those might have been
the problem?

> It looks like the NIL refered to in the bug reports is for the data slot of
> this Note - why it got this way is unknown but the Notepad was in the
> overview of that Note's folder when the Notepad was quit so it may have been
> the note it was trying to display when launching.

When I experienced this bug, I had deleted some older records from the
InBox and moved the record beamed over into the Names application. I
don't know enough about the guts of NewtonOS yet to say why that might
have made a difference, though...

> But was beaming with the Obex stack installed a precursor to the problem
> with the Notepad?

Yes, it was.

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.