Re: [NTLK] NetTime

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 10:56:04 EST

>I had been wondering why NetTime wasn't syncing my Newton's clock, using
>either the default server or any of Apple's time servers. Then I discovered
>that many time servers have stopped supporting the RFC-868 Time Protocol
>used by NetTime in lieu of the more popular RFC-1305 Network Time Protocol.

Thanks for posting this! I recently went on the same quest. I didn't
find the NIST list -- the only remaining RFC-868 compliant server I
could find was rolex.usg.edu.

I wonder how much longer the NIST servers are going to support RFC-868....

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Bond Shepherd        |   "If I'm going to keep on visiting you,
San Francisco, CA           |   I'll have to send you some good sherry."

PGP Public key can be found on most servers.