[NTLK] exporting AW DB into Contacts?

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 10:41:32 EST

Hi:

I did a search for this under the FAQ and the newtontalk archives, but
couldn't find any information. (I may be using the wrong terms to
search.)

Is it possible to export an AppleWorks DB (saved as ASCII text) into
Contacts on a Newton? I have about five hundred contacts in an AW
database, probably about a hundred of those I'd like to have as contacts
in Newton. I had hoped that I could trim the DB down to the hundred
names and then import them (somehow) into the Newton. But I haven't, in
my whole first week of Newton ownership, figured out how to do this.

If anyone's done this or something similar, or can point me to more
information, I would be so grateful.

Thanks,
Jeff Abbott