Re: [NTLK] Problems backing up System Info

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 23:34:11 EDT

on 07/04/02 23:03, Chris Ruprecht at chrup_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to backup System Information as part of a complete
> backup. Obviously, some soup got messed up. Everything else backs up just
> fine. What do I loose, should I decide to do a mindwipe / restore without
> System Information? Is that where the owner info and stuff like that is
> stored or is that where updates to the Newton OS are kept?

No, the updates to the Newton OS are not kept in the system soup. What
you'll loose are the preferences for almost all applications you're using.
You will also loose almost all registration codes for the 3rd party
applications you bought that came with a registration code.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS 2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice of / as an option character in 1.0."