[NTLK] Variety Shop problems continued...

From: Jeff Langston (jeff_langston_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 00:41:29 EDT

Okay, not too long after I sent the email to the mailing list, I checked my
email and they had refunded my money via PayPal. Of course, I had stated
numerous times in numerous emails that I wanted a replacement, not a refund,
but theyıre probably just sick of dealing with an angry customer. But they
still never sent any kind of email, it was just the automated email that
PayPal sends. And I paid extra to send my Newton back overnight with the
assumption they would replace it. Since they didnıt replace it, I feel I
was misled a 2nd time and that they should reimburse me for the overnight
shipping. And now Iım stuck without a Newton and I have to go through the
hassle of trying to win another one off of eBay.

I also have some addresses for any of you kind Philidelphia souls would like
to check this place it. It seems kind of fishy to me. Okay, the first
address I have is from the Fedex delivery message I was sent automatically
when it was originally shipped.

DAVID KAUFMAN COMPANY
6421 TORRESDALE AVE
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19135-3320

When I called information, there was no listing matching the above. I also
did some phone searches on the internet with no luck. The next address is
where I was supposed to ship my Newton back to:

Dave Kaufman
740 Brighton Street
Philadelphia, PA 19111

This email was signed by a ³Tina². Finally, when I was leaving negative
feedback, I was given the option on eBay to access the userıs contact
information and this is what I received for that:

    User ID: variety-shop
    Name: Jesse Clark
    Company: Variety Shop
    City: Philadelphia
    State: PA
    Country: United States
    Phone: 215-722-4496

The phone number goes to a fax machine (of course). Neither of the above
addresses seem to have a phone number associated with them and when I did a
reverse lookup on the phone number, I got no address. So this all seems
kind of fishy. If any of you could help track these people down, I would be
most appreciative. Hopefully soon I can get a new Newton and rejoin the
ranks of coolness. For the week and a half I had my first Newton, I
completely fell in love with it! Thanks again!

Jeff Langston
Jeff_langston_at_mac.com