Re: [NTLK] NuShield

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 09:43:23 EDT

> From: "Alex" <astrilet_at_hiqsoft.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] NuShield
> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 00:46:39 -0600

> but I guess if
> you are carefull and write on a clean screen
> (no big abrasive particles) screen should be OK for a long time.
> (I am a new newton user though)

No, you won't. Just today I was very happy to have the NuShield (brand new
one) on. I wrote something (brand new stylus as well) in my lecture, and
suddenly, out of nowhere, *crrrrrrt*, the feel of a bad scratch! A dust
particle must have fallen out of the ceiling or something and got caugt
under the tip. I could wipe away the minor scratch from the shield and there
was no particle on the tip, it wrote fine afterwards, but I would not have
wanted my screen bare in that moment.
What I am trying to say: Unless you use your Newt exclusively in a
clean-room environment, you will not be safe without a protector. A scratch
will not render your screen useless, but I prefer the rather small
inconveniences of the NuShield over damaging something I cannot replace
without limits.

Oliver, safety freak, even has a 2x00 WriteRight over the *entire* front of
his iPod, buttons excluded :)

--
You Live, You Learn.
http://www.apple.com/myths/