Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 10:18:54 EDT

On 09/04/02 09:48, "oliver.brose_at_t-online.de" <oliver.brose_at_t-online.de>
wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:04:16 +0200
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs
>> From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com>
>>
>> What I just read is that the latest copy protected CDs (read: CDs f*#ked up
>> in the factory) probably won't work in your CD-ROM drive anymore and might
>> not even play in your old CD player.
>
> They might even crash your Mac/PC, SONY just admitted that somewhere.
> Several people had trouble even to get the disc (those are no CDs) out of
> their drives again. Oh boy, they will be sooo sued...

Oliver,

I guess we're reading the same newsgroups!

For them to get sued, somebody has to stand up against those giants. I'm not
sure when and if that will happen...

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.