[NTLK] [OT] Out of Sync Time and Date was Re: Lextionary

From: André Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:40:02 EDT

Ronald Uphoff wrote:

>In my neughborhood we are getting new power lines and poles, and from time
>to time things don't go according to plan. So for this past two weeks we
>have periodic black-outs. My iMac loses the time and date; sometimes I
>forget to reset it.
>Ron

hmmm, your iMac does have a backup battery that *should* keep this
information. It sounds to me like the battery is dead, it's a simple
3.6v Lithium battery, I think t's labelled 1/2AA size. I would
recommend you look at getting it replaced, it's not to hard, depending
on your skills and what iMac you have. Email me privatly with the model
(slot or tray loading cd-rom) and I'll give you directions if you wish.

André