Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 16:24:39 EDT

On 4/9/2002 at 1:51 PM Thomas Cherry said:

>I was mad when they told me to turn off my Newton but then forgot to turn
>off the overhead TV monitors. We landed with them on, and if a TV doesn't
>put out enough EM noise to crash the plane, I don't know what will.

---------To Which I Say---------

Well, I'd assume that they know the monitors are no problem, but can't have
the flight attendants running up and down the aisles making device by
device calls - therefore, ALL passenger electronics are out of the
question.

Annoying, but the only way to handle it I suppose.

brad