Re: [NTLK] Variety Shop problems

From: Bob Dawson (bdawson_at_affinitygroup.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 11:59:04 EDT

Hellooo? Wake up and smell the coffee. If S&H isn't one of the great scams
of our day I don't know what is(OK, maybe "Customer Service"). But it is so
pervasive it simply MUST be considered part of the cost of doing business on
line. Factor it in and get on with your life.

I recently took delivery of a MP2100 and a leather case from
Phillydiscounters/VarietyShop. No, the Newton wasn't perfect but it wasn't
advertised as such. I am very pleased, however, it is in the generally very
good condition it is and feel, including the 15 bucks for S&H, I got a
terrific bargain.

I don't denigrate anyone's right to voice their opinion of what they may
perceive to be a negative experience but I just thought anyone considering a
purchase deserves to hear both sides of the story. I guess the bottom line
is ebay is what it is and "caveat emptor" remains the watchword.

Everything is relative, I guess ... I traded up from a MP2K that had has had
a very rough life. Except that I'd always kept a screen protector on it,
there isn't a square centimeter on the case that isn't scuffed, scratched,
or marred in some way. It has fallen from the top of a moving car - TWICE.
The doors are broken off, the stylus has long since rolled under some
unknown piece of furniture, and the backlight is, well, just about
non-existent. My "new" MP 2100 might as well be a reincarnation and I, for
one, couldn't be happier.

Living in a DreamWorld?
        --bd--