Re: [NTLK] NCU Connection Error code -1

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 13:44:56 EDT

On 10/04/02 13:19, "Lee, Christopher J" <christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com> wrote:

> I've been using an application called CPUKiller. I find that it works like a
> charm. It has the same type of slider interface, but you can actually
> specify an application to use as a default and it will start with that
> application open. Perfect for NCU. I get consistant, reliable connection at
> 57600.

That's very interesting. The utility you mention seems to have more options
than "SlowDown.exe". Maybe this should be added to the FAQ?

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.