Re: [NTLK] Earthlink login problem

From: Eric Schneck (eschneck_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 21:04:32 EDT

The following is the setup I used with my Motorola TimePort P280 cell phone
to connect to Earthlink. The same setup should work with almost any modem.

I used a manual dial script instead of filling in the username/password:

SEND ATDTphonenumber
SEND <CR>
WAIT login
SEND username
SEND <CR>
WAIT 1
SEND password
SEND <CR>
DONE

The Logout script is equally simple:

WAIT 1
SEND +++
WAIT 1
SEND ATH0 (thats a zero)
SEND <CR>
DONE

Use a terminal emulator like PT100 (set to 9600, 1, none) to check
connection to the phone before trying to connect to the Internet.

on 4/11/02 5:22 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:16:01 -0400
> Subject: [NTLK] Earthlink login problem
> From: Ronald Uphoff
> When I try to connect to my Earthlink account the process gets stuck at
> "waiting for in". This problem occured when Earthlink changed dialup
> numbers in my area. I am using a MP2100 with Eudora. Modems I have tried: >
Multimedia Supra PC Card Diamond, Cruise Card