Re: [NTLK] [OT] PayPal gripes

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 12:17:18 EDT

Actually, unless the thief has your PIN, the debit
card is used just like a credit card and it is
protected with all the same protections as a credit
card. My boss (he only uses his debit card...he can't
get a credit card because he is new in this country)
had his debit card number stolen at another local
restaurant and after cleaning out his account, all his
bills started to bounce. The debit card back was
notified as soon as he discovered the problem and they
put the funds back in his account and covered the
return check charge from the companies that his bills
were sent to.
Now, of course, this happened with a Credit Union...I
don't know about banks...I dont' use them and I don't
like them...I will ALWAYS use a credit union over a
bank any day!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)
--- "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_comcast.net> wrote:
<snip>
> Also, a debit card is one thing I'll never carry, at
> least not until there's
> liability limits placed on them. You lose that
> thing and the finder can
> clean out your entire bank account, generally
> without recourse. (Heck, I
> only *just* got an ATM card, mostly because for a
> while there were a number
> of robberies at ATMs, plus I almost never use cash
> anyway.)

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -