Re: [NTLK] Newton Cadillac

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 12:21:53 EDT

Actually, it wasn't a "poke" against Microsoft, but a
"poke" against Apple Records when an agreement was
made between Apple computer and Apple records that
Apple computer will not create music.
Here is a blurb from "The Daily Mac"

Apple Computer and Apple Corp., the Beatles' record
company, didn't start out on good terms. Because of
Apple's misinformed legal counsel, Apple Corp. bullied
Apple Computer into signing a "no sound" agreement.
Thus, one of the first system sounds in MacOS was
bravely named "Sosumi." It was a joke and an
invitation all at once. Apple Corp. did indeed sue
Apple Computer but it's pretty obvious what the result
was.

Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new

> [...]