Re: [NTLK] Klear Screen, LensCrafters, and tissues

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 18:05:30 EDT

>On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Albert Wong wrote:
>
>> The Klear Screen wipes are amazingly good at removing any traces of lint and
>> dust. Now I understand all the favorable reviews on this item.
>
>I found it interesting that the opticial told me that these wipes were
>okay, but paper tissues weren't OK for cleaning my glasses. I know that
>using paper tissues can scratch plastic or glass, but I don't see how
>their pre-moistened wipes would be any softer, unless they're made out of
>cloth (which I would think would be rather expensive - then again, I
>didn't check the prices on those boxes.)
>
>Anyone tried these pre-moistened glasses clothes on their Newts?
>Impressions?
>
>--
>Victor Rehorst - victor_at_newtontalk.net - chuma_at_chuma.org

The Klear Screen products are made from a polymer fiber. They don't say
which one except to say that they are low in polyester. The fibers used
are non-damaging to monitors and coated optics. Apple has endorsed them
for their monitors and devices.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513