Re: [NTLK] PDFNewt

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 11:39:08 EDT

on 4/15/02 11:22 AM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
wrote:

> On 15/04/02 10:31, "Smith, Bradley" <bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com> wrote:
>
>> <commence language war>
>> I disagree. I know C++ _VERY_ well. I know Objective-C hardly at all but
>> it's a much better language IMHO :-)
>> </commence language war>
>
> I know both pretty well (well, I know ObjC a lot more) and I wholeheartedly
> agree. Much cleaner syntax than the convoluted C++, much more dynamic than
> the static C++ and much more flexible than the rigid C++. Plus, you can
> write all the C code you want.

Which is precisely why all the good points of ObjC will be assimilated into
Fortran 201x... :-)

(BTW, anyone remember a quote that went something like "I don't know what
language people will program with in the future, but I know it will be
called FORTRAN."???)

- Eric.