Re: [NTLK] [OT] Audrey (was MagicCap)

From: William R. Dickson (wrd_at_awenet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 14:07:14 EDT

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Mark Rollins wrote:

> Anyone else with an Audrey? Have you flashed the latest OS into it? Some
> parts are very Newt-like, in terms of overall UI simplicity.

I picked one up from Tiger Direct a few months back. It's kind of a nifty
little device. Two problems keep me from actually using it -- they never
actually built a wall bracket for the thing, so there's no convenient way
to hang it in the kitchen (where it could take the place of a wall
calendar), and there's no 802.11 support for it -- I'm not entirely
interested in running an ethernet cable all the way across my apartment to
the kitchen for it :).

It's not a bad idea, but there's a lot of clumsiness in having to switch
back and forth between keyboard and stylus.

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd_at_awenet.com                            http://www.seavoy-dickson.org/

I was once a vengeful, mad genius bent on destroying mankind. But now, I'm a vengeful, mad genius bent on destroying mankind, WITH SUPER POWERS! - Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls)